Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bush on Osama

George W. Bush, White House Press Conference, March 13, 2002:
Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time.And the idea of focusing on one person is --really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.
Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just--he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is--as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide--if, in fact, he's hiding at all.
So I don't know where he is.You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you.

George W. Bush, January 25, 2006:
"When he says he's going to hurt the American people again, or try to, he means it," Bush told reporters after visiting the top-secret National Security Agency where the surveillance program is based. "I take it seriously, and the people of NSA take it seriously."

Perhaps if the President had spent more time worrying about Osama in 2002, the man wouldn’t be a threat today.

Oh, who am I kidding? Nothing could have done more to ensure Osama’s continued well-being then for the Bush Administration to have tried to neutralize him.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com